The working-class district of Bonabry is situated near the railroad former station of Fougères. This district developed in connection with the shoe industry and around the church Bonabry, set up in the end of the XIXth century.

Work of the architects Henri Mellet and Charles Coüasnon, the church is of romano-Byzantine style. The nave dates years 1891-1893, the transept of 1903 and the chorus(choir) of 19252.

Following the bombardments of June 6th and 9th, 1944, the church, partially destroyed, was restored. These last works did not allow to finish the bell tower.

 

 

 

 



CONTACT-US

Give us a call at +33 (0)2 99 94 12 20 or  LET US MESSAGE